Since its establishment in 2006, the growth and success of MASG has largely been possible because of the wonderful contribution made by its volunteers.
MASG volunteers are therefore the life blood of the organisation which currently operates with only 4 paid staff members
Volunteering at MASG and sharing your gifts is a two way journey as there are opportunities for experience in a wide range of activities and to become part of a team that is passionate about creating resilient and sustainable communities.
Office administration and reception duties
Membership and Volunteers database maintenance
Waste Less project management
MASG Wash Against Waste Trailer & equipment Assistant
Interested to help run a great program? Enjoy contact with community groups? Do you have good admin & marketing skills? Then we’d love to hear from you!!
Mount Alexander Sustainability Group has a Wash Against Waste Trailer for use at outdoor events where food is provided using our reusable crockery and cutlery to food vendors, collected and washed to Health Department regulation standards. MASG also runs an equipment hire service (without the trailer) as part of this program. All with the aim of reducing waste.
A voluntary Assistant is required to help the MASG staff run the trailer/equipment program. The role is based at the office of MASG, 325 Barker St Castlemaine for approximately 3 hours per week (more or less as required) during a rostered period. Work is highly seasonal, with the active hire period generally between September-May.
- Respond to initial enquiries with appropriate documents
- Assist with processing hire applications
- Assist with checking in trailer stock and/or equipment
- Prepare stock & equipment for the hirer
- Assist with co-ordinating trailer/stock collection and return
- Assist with marketing the Wash Against Waste trailer and equipment service
Knowledge & Skills Required:
To perform the duties listed above volunteers need :
- Microsoft Word, email (MS Outlook) and excel skills
- Effective communication skills both spoken and written
- A working understanding of the Wash Against Waste trailer & its stock.
- Initiative, job focus, smile and a sense of humour greatly appreciated!
- An Induction briefing is provided to ensure that applicant volunteers understand the Wash Against Waste program, their role, and are comfortable with the duties involved.
- Interested people should contact MASG on 5470 6978, or email email@example.com as soon as possible!
If you are keen to become part of MASG community and volunteer with us, please complete the attached form and return via email to coordinator @ masg.org.au or drop in at our office on a Monday, Tuesday or Thursday between 9.30 am and 3.30 pm.
We are Centrelink approved if you need volunteer hours for your payment or pension.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Give us a ring at the office to find out more on:
Ph 03 5470 6978
or email us