Please join us at MASG’s 2017 AGM on:
Wednesday 22nd November 2017
6.30pm – 8.30pm
Ray Bradfield Room
Forest St, Castlemaine
With Special Guest Speaker Rod Quantock OAM
The Annual General Meeting of the Mount Alexander Sustainability Group Inc will be held on Wednesday 22 November 2017 at 6.30 pm at the Ray Bradfield Room, Forest St, Castlemaine.
We are delighted to announce that the AGM will be followed by a guest speaker, Rod Quantock
Dinner available at – $6 for a small plate or $10 for a large plate.*Vegetarian and Gluten Free options available.
Drinks will be available at bar prices.
Please advise us if you are coming and whether you will be purchasing a meal
by Monday 20 November
or phone the office on
03 5470 6978
The ordinary business of the meeting will be:
- To confirm the minutes of the previous annual general meeting.
- To receive from the Committee reports upon the transactions of the Association during the last preceding financial year.
- To elect officers of the Association and the ordinary members of the committee.
- To receive and consider the financial statement submitted by the Association to members in accordance with section 100(1) of the Associations Incorporation Reform Act 2012 (Vic).
- To set membership fees.
In addition, a special resolution will be proposed to amend the Constitution to allow a decision to be taken by the Committee outside its normal meetings. The special resolution is in the box below and an explanatory document is available on the website here.
The special resolution will be to add new sub-Rules 64(6), 64(7) and 64(8) as follows:
(6) If an absolute majority of the committee members entitled to vote have signed a document containing a statement that they are in favour of a resolution of the Committee in terms set out in the document, a resolution in those terms shall be deemed to have been passed at a meeting of the Committee.
(7) The resolution referred to in sub-Rule
(6) shall be deemed to have been passed on the day on which and at the time at which the document was signed by the last committee member making up the absolute majority.
(8) A committee member is deemed to have signed such a document if that member gives their assent by email or other electronic communication.
Please note that –
- a member may appoint another member as a proxy for the meeting;
- nominations of candidates for the committee must be with the Secretary 7 days before the AGM, that is by 6.00 pm on 15 November 2017; and
- only financial members may vote.
Agenda and forms available for download below.
MASG’s AGM 2017 Resources:
- AGM 2017 Notice to members
- AGM 2017 Agenda
- AGM 2017 Special Resolution – decision by circulation
- AGM 2017 Nomination for Committee
- AGM 2017 Proxy form
- Annual Report AGM 22 Nov 2017 Final
Please note that to vote at an AGM or nominate for the Committee of Management you must be a financial member. You can renew your membership here or bring your credit card and do it before the meeting.