Please join us at MASG’s 2019 AGM on:
Thursday 14th November 2019
6.30pm – 8.30pm
Senior Citizens Centre
Mechanics Lane, Castlemaine
(Next to the Phee Broadway Theatre and Castlemaine Library)
Dinner available at affordable prices, vegetarian, vegan and gluten free options available.
Drinks will be available at bar prices.
Please advise us if you are coming and whether you will be purchasing a meal by Monday 11th of November
email us at email@example.com or phone the office on 03 5470 6978
MASG AGM – Notice to members
The Annual General Meeting of the Mount Alexander Sustainability Group Inc will be held on Thursday 14 November 2019 at 6.30 pm at the Senior Citizens Centre, Mechanics St, Castlemaine.
The ordinary business of the meeting will be:
- To confirm the minutes of the previous annual general meeting.
- To receive from the Committee reports upon the transactions of the Association during the last preceding financial year.
- To receive and consider the financial statement submitted by the Association to members in accordance with section 100(1) of the Associations Incorporation Reform Act 2012 (Vic).
- To set membership fees.
- To elect officers of the Association and the ordinary members of the committee.
Note that –
- a member may appoint another member as a proxy for the meeting;
- nominations of candidates for the committee must be with the Secretary 7 days before the AGM, that is by 6.00 pm on 7 November 2019; and
- only financial members may nominate for the committee or vote (you can pay on the night if you have not yet done so, or you can renew your membership here).
Agenda and forms available for download below.
After the formalities there will be presentations and discussion on –
“The climate emergency – what has to be done in our shire?”
- MASG acknowledges the climate crisis and the need for drastic action to avoid tipping points and unacceptable change to the planet.
- Committee members will outline the concept of zero net emissions, the major sources of emissions, and pathways to reduce these.
- Input and action from members and supporters is vital.
- MASG should declare a ‘Climate Emergency’.
Bring a friend and explore this knotty problem!
MASG’s AGM 2019 Resources here:
Available for download
- AGM 2019 Notice
- AGM 2019 Agenda
- AGM 2019 Nomination Form
- AGM 2019 Proxy Form
- AGM 2018 Minutes
- 2018/19 annual report (including financials)
Please note that to vote at an AGM or nominate for the Committee of Management you must be a financial member. You can renew your membership here or bring your credit card and do it before the meeting.